- 2021– Initforthe, Remote (Contract)
Engineering full-stack apps for SMBs with Ruby on Rails and Hotwire; working very closely with clients to extract requirements and implement high ROI features.
- Optimised slow and unreliable CI/CD pipelines, using paralellism to decrease test run-time by up to 95%, and leading to substantial productivity gains and lower time to delivery across the team;
- Took over administration of several EOL Windows Server machines, writing Powershell scripts for legacy data consumption and synchronization over APIs.
- 2021 PDM Automotive, Remote (Contract)
Ruby developer on a leading VC-funded, data-heavy app in the automotive space.
- Sustained a complex legacy Sinatra/Padrino application;
- Updated a niche Shopify app with Elasticsearch and React;
- Kicked off investigation into, and advised on, the separation of a overgrown monolith into a microservices architecture.
- 2019 OnTheGoSystems, Remote (Contract)
Worked on WPML, one of the largest premium WordPress plugins. Primary focus was on the Rails backend and communication with other services in the SOA.
- 2018–2019 Plug in Useful, Remote (Contract)
Built and maintained SaaS applications in Ruby on Rails & React for the Shopify e-commerce platform.
- Spearheaded workflow improvements, DevOps, and communication, resulting in quicker feature delivery and a sense of teamwork;
- Took ownership of code and infrastructure following a restructure, whilst keeping systems running and customers happy;
- Worked closely with sales and customer service to prioritise and resolve concrete, customer-facing issues.
- 2014–2018 & 2020 Lico Innovations, The Netherlands (Permanent)
Architected web applications of various sizes under demanding time constraints.
- Developed a large enterprise SaaS application for global corporations in the catering industry, pivoting for survival early in the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Leveraged Artificial Intelligence to generate rich metadata for a Digital Asset Management (DAM) tool used by film festivals, agencies, and educational institutions;
- Implemented custom in-house tooling with Elixir to increase engineer productivity and reduce friction around a new, Docker-based development environment.